we all move forward when / we recognize how resilient / and striking the women / around us are
Friendships are one of the most worthwhile things in the world – something we all strive to have in our lives. But many women would agree that friendships with other women can sometimes be well…tricky. Let’s dissect how and why cattiness, jealousy and other negatives come into play where female friendships are concerned. Let’s also talk about ways our girlfriends have lifted us up, held us accountable and made us better people. Also, how do we cut the negative societal stereotypes out of our friendships and have closer, stronger bonds?
Have a bestie who hasn’t made it to the ELU yet? Maybe this is the perfect time! 🙂
Come prepared for a group hug at the end!
As always there will be wine, snacks, goody bags and a good time!*
The Emotional Labor Union is a monthly feminist discussion group that welcomes anyone who identifies as female.
The Mission: The Emotional Labor Union provides a space for everyone that identifies as female to voice their own thoughts, feelings, and experiences; empowering them to use their voice to articulate clearly and with confidence.
The 4 Values of the ELU:
- Your voice is powerful: The ELU is a safe space and a platform to talk about your experiences. Devoting time to critical thinking and interaction empowers us to sharpen our speaking skills, define the source of our feelings and reminds us we have voices that deserve to be heard.
- Community feels good: The ELU brings people together who prioritize being intentional and carving out time and space to devote to knowing themselves and others better. This is a group that provides love, support and where no question or opinion is off-limits.
- We truly are stronger together: The more time we spend having invigorating discussions, finding common ground with others, and cementing how we feel about topics that affect us, the more powerful we become both individually and collectively.
- Self-care is important: In today’s fast-paced world it can be easy, especially for those who identify as female, to put their interests and pursuits behind other things that may seem more ‘urgent’ or ‘important.’ Devoting time to pursuing your interests, and your $ by supporting causes you think are worthwhile, are some of the best forms of self-care! The ELU gives everyone a nourishing and energizing experience that allows you to find your own voice on matters that are important to you.
* This event will be recorded and potentially made into a podcast. All participants will have an opportunity to remain anonymous if they so choose.